Thursday, June 14, 2012

You want to needle WHERE??

I have been going to acupuncture for almost 18 months and amazingly its always scheduled just when my emotional spirit desperately needs it. Today was one of those days. As you saw on my earlier post, I had a mini-melt down and had that feeling that the tears weren't going to subside easily.
Off to visit Cricket, my acupuncturist who has been on this crazy ride with me and who I have posted about before. The tears continued to fall as I told her where I was today and she took them all in stride as usual. She had a very good talk with my consulting CCRM acupuncturist,T, who will treat me with electro-stim when in Denver. Cricket is a Five Elements practitioner so she views things a little different than a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner. Which is fine by me as I connect with her and also felt a good connection with T, over the phone. Cricket told me more about their conversation of the electro-stim theory and which points are used during treatment. CCRM really recommends this procedure to increase blood flow to the uterus.
So, with that information and knowing I was struggling emotionally today. Cricket suggested specific points to truly build blood in my uterus and then she would work on my "constitution".
Ah. CVG 1. I recall that point. How can one forget it. It's on the perineum. You don't forget that point. It's the conception vessel and is truly connected to birth (literally)
Why not.
It's actually very respectful and not any worse than say a point on the big toe (in fact, there is a point on my pinky which is ultimately the WORST point). I survived the CVG 1. Breathe. Imagining my whole uterus filling up with blood and was in a completely calm state. Of course, she says, repeat! OY. Repeat and then on to my chin point, tailbone and frenulum (this felt totally odd).
Time for some meditation and my constitution points. I was so calm and in fact, in such a good place, the drive home, made me feel like I was floating in a tunnel. Who would've thought my body needed acupuncture today. I usually can go about two weeks and then I need a treatment.
Much calmer, despite the Blue Angels airplanes flying over my house, and am constantly amazed by my body and what I will do to make it a warm home for my baby.
Now, off to pamper my toes.

2 comments: