So, the prep work and the actual injection was pretty uneventful. Was waiting for this big burn or pain (as some women have described this injection as more painful) Clearly, I have lots of belly fat to ease the pain and it went in just fine just a bit harder to push the syringe since the liquid was a bit more viscious. Still had to do my Lupron shot (to prevent these little eggies from ovulating). Took the suggestion of another SMC, to prepare the Menopur and then do the Lupron shot which allows the Menopur shot to settle causing less sting. Maybe thats why it wasn't so bad (or its all in my head!)
Lets hope its all in my ovaries and those eggs are sucking down the menopur like it was drinking a dirty martini. Thought I would share a picture for posterity of what my little lab experiment looks like from now until retrieval day.
| Menopur and Lupron Love |
I missed my therapy session yesterday to finish up at work so I guess this blog is going to have to serve as my therapuetic avenue for the next two weeks. I really wanted to walk today but the weather channel is stating is HOT. Just feel like I am a big blob of hormones just sitting around doing not much more than cleaning, packing and still waiting for the cable guy to fix my cable (one hour and counting). Need to run some errands for those last minute items.
Maybe, I will search for things to do in Wyoming.....too much time is not a good thing for me. Causes my mind to wander to the what ifs and the anxieties of this process. Better go find something to do quickly....might be hearing from me sooner than ya think.
Get outta that house!
ReplyDeleteAll those meds...