The past few days have been a whirlwind between monitoring and tracking the fires. The largest fire in Colorado's history has burned over 17,000 acres, over 300 homes and already two deaths. Devastation is all over Colorado, but the Waldo Canyon is clearly the worst fire. Boulder's fire, Flagstaff Mountain fire was 40% contained and the pre-evacuation orders were removed by Thursday. Colorado Springs is a federal disaster and Obama was here today touring the damage. Just awful. My friend and I were having breakfast the other day, when the firefighters came into the diner. The smell of smoke was immediate and so intense. We decided we needed to pay it forward and bought 3 fire fighters breakfast. Its the least we could do right?
Wednesday was my first monitoring appointment and had some good news so far. 15 follicles originally identified with the largest being 12mm and the smallest 2mm. 5 on the right and 10 on the left. The u/s tech was extremely pleasant (completely different from last time) and explained everything she was doing and seeing. My E2 was 933 and should continue to rise. The nurse did reduce my follistim meds slightly so my follicles don't grow too fast. Slow and steady wins the race.
Friday's monitoring showed 9 follicles bigger than 10. I know thats a good number but was disappointed that it went from 15 to 9 in two days. Really it just says that the smaller ones are still there but just aren't going to catch up to the others before retrieval. Loved the u/s tech today,Tamara. E2 was 1725 (rising is a good thing!) Here is the list of the 9 growing follies:
L: five 13.5,12.5,12,11.5,10.5
R:four 14,12.5,11.5,11
Its hard to wrap my head around the fact that one of these little follicles could be an embryo by next week.....trying to stay in the moment and take one thing at a time. I get freaked out and panicky with what ifs....if i go there. I just can't.
Its been helpful that my best friend/person was here for the past 3 days to keep me distracted with shopping and eating :) Yes, Beans, we tried the Naked Pizza ...OMG!! Fabulous.
Back in Boulder and really tired. Perhaps that was the shopping or maybe the meds. Time to chill on the sofa and see what tomorrow brings.
Lookin' good!! Your follies are all clustered together, and believe me, there are often follies they don't see on U/S that they end up retrieving from--I have heard many a story of women who retrieved many more eggs than follies. But remember, 9 is a very good number--very solid. And studies have shown there's really no benefit in pregnancy rate, etc, once the number of eggs exceeds 12.
ReplyDeleteYes, Naked Pizza. I'm looking forward to having some of that again--if I dare drive down to Boulder through fires to get there. Hmmm...will have to see. Try "The Kitchen" too--a little pricey, but the most amazing food I've had in a long time. And I'm a foodie who lives in SF, so that means a lot ;-)
You're probably tired because those follies are growing. Listen to your body and take it easy, and drink lots of water--altitude and smoke dehydrate and those follies are thirsty!!
Thanks Beans!! I checked out the kitchen but it didn't appeal to me for some reason....will look again perhaps it was the price. Salt is pretty good to so might go back there!
ReplyDeleteI loved our time together and being able to see the follies on the screen yesterday! :)
ReplyDeleteStay in the moment and enjoy the beauty that surrounds you. I am exhausted today too, so I think it was all the shopping!
xo