Thursday, June 28, 2012

Colorado is on Fire....and its heading this way.

Landing in Denver you could barely the mountains in the distant, one of my favorite parts of flying into this region. However, the  fires in Colorado Springs and Fort Collins have caused the air quality to diminish and the area to just look very grey.  As usual the turbulence was bad but I quickly moved on to getting my luggage and rental car to head west to Boulder.

The rest is a bit of a blur and I will give you the abbreviated version: After landing, i spoke to a few folks who updated me on the most recent fire, one burning on the Southern end of the Flagstaff Mountains of Boulder. As I started my drive towards Boulder, the traffic was horrendous and the winds were almost 60 miles an hour. I called my sister to google some info while stuck in traffic. At this point, I started to panic, very aware of being in Boulder alone and not quite sure how close the fires actually were to my aunts house. Also, very aware I needed to get my meds refrigerated and give myself my 7 pm shot. I panicked. As I drove around while my sister searched for any hotel rooms, I proceeded to give myself my Lupron and Follistim injections in the parking lot of a Home Depot in Aurora Colorado.

The next 2 hours were filled with a lot of driving, swerving due to high winds, two hysterical breakdowns, a smoke storm that left me at a stand still in the middle of Highway 70 and evenutually landed me back in Boulder. Gotta love hormones.

I finally calmed down and setttled into my aunts home, made a bowl of oatmeal and read the Boulder website for Emergency Management. Great bedtime reading huh??

Luckily, I just need to make it to the morning to pick up my best friend at the airport and have my day 5 ultrasound monitoring.

Dreaming of big follicles and rain clouds. Hoping that one day this will be an amazing story to tell my child about the week before she was conceived {like the reference to a girl?}

1 comment:

  1. wow, that sounds stressful. I would've been hysterical too, especially driving around in a new city with thousands of dollars of meds that need to be refrigerated, not knowing what is happening, or anything about directions or where to go. Yes, this will be quite a story for your rainbow baby. Happy follicle growing!

    ReplyDelete