I must admit it was a pretty relaxing transfer day. I felt surprisingly calm especially after acupuncture and a Valium!!! My nurse left this tidbit out of the instructions. Yes ma'am!!
After bloodwork and the phlebotomist shared the Valium info with me I was ready to get upstairs for meds. I had about 25 mins of Pre-transfer acupuncture which was very calming. It apparently reduced cortisol, relaxed the uterus and increased blow flow. I had about 13 needles from my ears, forearms, legs, feet and even top of my head!
After the needles came out, TR came back to be with me during transfer. It took longer to wait for Dr Surrey then the actual transfer itself. I gladly took my Valium and according to TR was very looped. In came the ultrasound tech (one that I liked) and Dr Surrey. I have only seen him one other time at my consult but he really is such a calming person. The embryologist brought BB into the room in a big incubator. Said it warmed nicely and actually begin to divide ( a good sign)
The transfer was over in seconds and Dr Surrey was so gentle it was easier than any IUI (or the Valium helped). Now it was time to lay there! Almost immediately after TR took the photo of BB on the screen, we both looked at each other and started to cry. Realizing that the miracle of life was inside my uterus. Hopefully, snuggling up for the long haul. (will post a picture later)
After the tears fell, TR left again while I received another post transfer acupuncture treatment, while my hips legs were titled upwards and the head was tilted down towards the floor. After an hour, I was able to be wheeled out and head back to the hotel.
The hotel will be my home for the next 48 hours! If you have never been forced to stay in bed with your legs propped up, ya wouldnt know how challenging this can be. Luckily, TR has been the best caretaker. I certainly haven't gone hungry!!
Rubbing the Buddha belly and wishing I had X-ray vision to see what was going on in there!
Guess I will know in about 2 weeks.
Settle in sweet BB. Settle in.
It has been my pleasure and honor to be here with you for your transfer...and I truly hope BB has settled in and is comfy in your temple! LYB. Always.
ReplyDeleteHappy bed resting! I'm rooting for you and BB!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy...
ReplyDeleteI'm guilty of not following much lately... but I'm so happy to hear about your transfer experience. I love Dr. Surry! And I love the pre-post Acupuncture and valium! And I LOVE your nickname for your embryo! Keep BB safe and close with you for the next 10 months!! FX!!
ReplyDelete