This question was asked of me today after I shared that I was moving to IVF (by someone who knows the long journey I have been on). "there are lots of children that need a good home"
Now, I first must disclaim that I think adoption is a wonderful option. And without adoption I wouldn't be able to spoil by sweet, brown haired, dimpled nephew. So, I definitely know the power of adoption!!
With that said, I am not there yet. I really WANT to be pregnant. It's not so much about having a biological child because I would be fine moving to donor eggs if I could afford them.
It truly is about being pregnant and going through that process. I know either way will make me a mom....and that's the end result!
Just not ready to give up on that dream just yet....
BTW: Never ask someone this question when they tell you they have decided to move onto IVF!!
ah, sigh, yes, many a well-meaning friend has asked me this question, despite them never having considered that option themselves prior to having kids....
ReplyDelete