Now you understand Just why my head's not bowed. I don't shout or jump about Or have to talk real loud. When you see me passing It ought to make you proud. I say, It's in the click of my heels, The bend of my hair, the palm of my hand, The need of my care, 'Cause I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That's me.Thank you for educating me, sharing with me, holding my hand and supporting me during this long walk to be a mom. I hope I am helping someone along their journey as well. It really is about paying it forward, right? Today, someone from my SMC village received a positive pregnancy test after a long journey through IVF, I had chills and I think we collectively screeched!! We cheer each other on and it makes every pothole in the road just a bit more palatable. What would I do without them?? I am so thankful to add them all to my village.
My journey to become a single mother while struggling with miscarriages. After three years, my dream has finally come true by way of Denver and CCRM.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
My Village
As I patiently wait for next steps which includes day 3 lab work and my follow up consult with Dr.S on May 15th, I am learning all I can about IVF protocols from my village. My family and friends are the foundation of my village but I have been so lucky to find an amazing group of women. Single Mothers by Choice or SMC.
Women from all across the country, Canada and as far as Cambodia, have joined in this journey to become a single mother. Some are women that have realized much earlier in their 30s that they want to embark on this process. Others are women closer to my age and who have experienced challenges like myself.
I need to recognize these amazingly strong women for without them I would be a lot less dedicated. Every day, I log on to this forum where I connect to women trying to conceive and learn a little more about the process. I have made amazing friends with women who I have never met face to face. I have had friends laugh with me about crazy bodily fluid symptoms and cry with me during each of my losses.
My family and friends here are wonderful, please don't doubt that but my SMC family have walked a mile in my shoes. It's these steps before me that keep me going. From them I have learned perservence and to trust myself. They have become my village and as I embark this new journey to IVF, I am following some phenomenal women. This reminds me of my favorite poem from Maya Angelou:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And thank YOU, for being part of my village. It's so interesting that you include this Angelou poem, because my best friend/cousin gave it to me as something to put in my "fertility altar" to hold me up in my (what has become longer than expected) journey to motherhood. It really is an amazing poem, and we all, us all women are phenomenal women. :-)
ReplyDelete