Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Officially a fetus!

As I was reading more about 9 weeks signs and symptoms (because I still feel pretty damn good), I realized that my little BB is no longer an embryo but a fetus. Congratulations on your graduation!

BB is also the size of a green olive (love how they differentiate that from a Kalamata!)  and has hair and is apparently kicking around. I certainly wouldn't believe it.

It also hit me that although I am still in the first trimester, I am 3 months pregnant.....another milestone for this lady. The biggest milestone will be 11 weeks which I have never made it to in any of my 4 pregnancies.

More bloodwork tomorrow to check out my hormone levels. Will be so interested to see if they have dropped or increased.

As I went to pick up a script at my local pharmacy, my pharmacist says, "Are you okay? You look so tired?" LOL!! She has seen me looking much worse but I whispered I was 9 weeks pregnant. She raises her arms to the sky and in her Nigerian accent thanks Jesus. She was very excited for me. A true blessing she told me.

Vivid dreams and a complete disgust of my favorite Greek yogurt are my major symptoms this week.

Thinking I am only making it to 10 weeks before I request another u/s to hear that heartbeat again. Thank goodness I have such an understanding OB!!

About a week to go till I get that anxious something is wrong feeling (well, more than normal).

Grow little Olive. Grow.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on 9 weeks and here's hoping for a smooth 31 more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-). Keep on going....things look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohooo!!! So happy that things are going so wonderfully! xoxo

    ReplyDelete