Finding I can't really handle much more than one day at a time. Last week, I had acupuncture twice, once with Cricket (my zen) and once with Dr. Cheng. I am starting to get used to his style and now that he has let me lay on my side instead of my belly its a bit more relaxing. Today, he told me he is going on vacation for 10 days but he will try to find me a new practitioner to see while he is cruising Alaska. Its a good thing b/c I don't want to stop electro stim. He seems to think my "uterus" according to my tongue is looking better. Started my Lupron shots on Friday which are pretty uneventful (crazy that sticking my abdomen with a needle doesn't even phase me anymore!)
Woke up Friday morning in a panic as I thought that the irriration and itching was coming back. Sadly, I am way in tune with my body and I just know when it feels off. Called my high risk OB on his phone at 730 am freaking out that it was back. I needed him to see me to check things out. I also felt like I had some discharge and something wasn't quite right. He was calm as usual and said he would get his partner to see me. Dr. Atkins. Anyone, I would see anyone even a resident at this point.
2 pm on Friday I was greeted by a 40 something female OB who looked like someone I would hang out with on a Saturday! She was kind, patient and asked lots of questions. Tested for any infection and suggested I see more cortisone cream. Wrote me a script for more Medrol if necessary once I spoke to CCRM. The down side of being seen by ones high risk OB, is that you sit in a waiting room filled with BIG pregnant women. The entire visit I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat being monitored in the next room. Talk about trying to keep it together while explaining to this new doc while I was going to Colorado for IVF.
I was looking forward to a long needed therapy session which was cut short by the nurse on call at CCRM calling me back. She wanted to wait to see what the tests results showed on Monday but suggested all sorts of things from cortisone cream, dove soap, cotton underwear and my favorite....a hair dryer set on cool to dry my lady parts completely ...now thats a new one!! My therapist found that amusing!!
Email late last night from my OB, said tests were all negative. But did show some white blood cells...wasn't sure what that was from but concluded that there is some inflammation. I don't like not knowing and he said lets just wait and see how i feel throughout the week. Will email CCRM to determine there thoughts. Wondering if its just all the hormones or my body recovering from retrieval.
Still bummed that BP isn't able to come with me but its out of his control. I am lucky that my person from Arizona, T, is able to join me. She was there with me for a few days during retrieval and really has been on this journey since I made my original phone call to the first RE.
Its a few more days of birth control pills and then move on to estrogen patches. For now, I am still just trying to wrap my head around it all. I am in the mind set similar to when I was starting stims for retrieval, I couldn't think past each day. Just dealing with it day by day.....trying to make it through. Still feeling pretty numb. Numb. Still the feeling of the day.
(sorry you had to hear about all my hooha woes but thats part of the journey!)
In spirit...
ReplyDelete