Thursday, July 12, 2012

Basketball Team and a coach

I know that two week waits can be hellish but 6 days were long and day 6 itself went on forever. Thr time change made it even worse but I kept busy at work. I was distracted till about 3 pm and I started checking my phone every few minutes. It wasn't until I was driving to therapy that I got the call from Robyn.
SIX.
Six babies on day six. Half of the ones that fertilized.
Exhale.
It was the number I had in my head that I wanted at a minimum. I can finally breathe, well a little bit. I am moving into the next steps. CSS testing. I can't believe I am finally here. For the longest time, I couldn't look past July 4th. It's scary to think that now we wait. Wait to find out how many of my babies are healthy. The embryologist said they were watching a few more to see if they made it overnight and would call me again tomorrow.
My body on the other hand is still trying to sort out the change in hormones, increased fluid and bloating, constipation and some not so lovely bodily fluid issues. By far, the post retreival issue far surpass anything I was dealing with during stims. I really hope I don't have to do this again. I give credit to those that do several rounds of IVF. My body is screaming at me. All I want to do at night is go to sleep so I don't have to deal with my body issues. Hopefully, with acupuncture and probiotics my body will rebound shortly.
Update: July 12th!
Heard from embryologist and none made it from last night. So, SIX it is.
Which I am fine with. I asked again about grading.  They use a grading from 1-6 (6 being the best) and needing it to be above 3 to see the 2 different type of cells, intercells and trophectoderm and 2 letters A, B and C (A is great, B, avg C,poor). First letter represents the intercell mass (which will be my rainbow baby!) and the 2nd the trophectoderm (placenta) Here is how mine faired:
Day 5: 5AA (nicely done dude!), 4BB and a 3BB (he didn't study) Day 6: 3AB, 3BB and 5BB
now we wait another 2 weeks to see who is healthy!!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! B-ball team. White men can't jump!!!!!!!!!!! Better get you some black sperm! LOL! And stop whining. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you while you wait on the health report. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete