Amazing the drive time on a Sunday. Door to Door from Boulder to CCRM it was an hour. Its much calmer in there on the weekends and nice to be one of 5 people instead of 15.
However, my stomach dropped when I saw which tech called me back. It was the u/s tech that originally did my scan on my one day work up. She lacks sensitivity but I took a deep breathe and went back like a big girl. Figured my main goal was to see my follicles and get out of there to meet with the nurse. However, she decided she needed to prod my emotions today. First thing out of her mouth was "wow, look at that huge fibroid" Yes, I know its there. Thanks for the reminder. I didn't respond. I just watched the screen and counted as she measured trying to distract myself. Next, she went THERE. "Have you ever been pregnant?" Yes, 4 times (why do you think i am here?) "Full term?" I could feel my stomach flip and the emotions run through my heart and throat. Really? Does this impact your ability to complete my scan?
I just responded with a short..no.
Just get me through this and I can wait for the nurse to get results. I got dressed and moved into the little consult rooms. Ahhh, Tonie. My nurse comes into the room and I almost lost it with tears welling up in my eyes. I told her about what she said and she was sympathic and said now lets focus on your follicles.
11 follicles. .
Left: 19,19,16,15.5,12.5,11.5,11
Right: 17.5,17.5,15,13.5
Looks like my left one is my champion. Tonie felt like we were heading towards retrieval on Thursday. Whatever to get my maximum amount of follicles. Good thing I booked a hotel room for July 5th, so we can go from CCRM to hotel and rest before having to get up early and travel.
Still a bit teary after talking to Tonie but nothing a Vanilla Bean Skinny Frappucino can't fix.
The kicker...no sex. Ugh. Not that I really thought we were going to be able to but she definitely said no. It would've been nice (who am I kinding) it would've been amazing.
Eye on the prize. 11 follicles. Grow little rainbow baby...grow.
ugh sorry about the u/s tech. I think you should mention her behavior to one of the doctors or nurses, or ask to generate a formal patient complaint. The latter is taken very seriously in medical settings.
ReplyDeleteYour follies look great!
And trust me, sex would HURT at this point....