Saturday, March 23, 2013

31/32 and scheduled due date

It's been a busy few weeks as usual and I am finding low energy, increasing to do list and growing baby makes updating the blog a bit more challenging.

Not only did we hit 8 months but I as able to finalize my scheduled c-section. My OB has been saying from day 1 that he thought my pelvis was too small. A 2nd OB confirmed and they think she wouldn't  descend. C-section it is. I am ok with it all (as long as people stop telling me how much harder it is!!) duh.

May 6th. I will meet my beautiful rainbow baby May 6th. I can't even wrap my head around it. I vascilate between excitement, fear and what ifs....I day dream about what she will really look like,act like and be! Scared to death something will go wrong. That its not going to happen. That the 3 year journey will be diverted. Normal feelings I guess?

So, I continue to take each day at a time. I finally, found a one bedroom/den apartment in my price range. Not my favorite part of the county due to commute but it will do and will resolve my parking issue. Over the last week, I have secured movers, started packing, made my 'to do' list and met with my realtor to list my condo as a rental. LOTS more to do in 6 weeks including move.

I am such a planner lets hope she doesn't plan to come early. All this and comtinimg to finish up things as work and prepare for maternity.

I was able to spend a bit of time with god momma and bestest friend in DC while she was here for a conference. A bad cold plus pregnancy didn't allow for our usual partying however we can always have a good time.

A couple days off this week have helped me feel less overwhelmed. Looking forward to acupuncture and a massage. It's a busy work week and these days I am usually only good till about 4 pm. I have 2 late 530 meetings. Hope I can mentally do it.

Luckily, March Madness has been a wonderful distraction....almost too much!

Off to finish a few odds and ends until its time for bed.

Thank goodness for ambien :)


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new apartment (and on being able to sleep with the Ambien)! You're in the home stretch now, mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found a place. And eight months already...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can always have fun...remember Galveston! :)

    Love you, and that Rainbow Baby of yours! Can't wait to meet her!!

    xo

    Tara

    ReplyDelete