I must admit compared to others I have spoken to I have had a very easy pregnancy. The first two trimesters were pretty much cake so I knew my time was coming. Week 29 appeared to be that week. As I have been dealing with rib/left quadrant pain for the past several weeks, it finally came full force the other night.
Between intense rib pain and lower back pain, I found myself back in L and D the other night. I haven't been there since week 16 so not to bad. After paging my OB due to the intense pain where only pacing was a distraction, I headed over to Mercy at 11 pm. It was quick registration process and I must admit a better experience than last time. I had the normal monitoring of Baby Olive and all seemed to be well. Heart rate was steady and no contractions. Physical exam showed cervix was closed and baby was head down with her butt in my right side (which could explain the back pain)
Four hours later, I was discharged with no major issues but no relief from the pain (it actually was worse from laying on that damn hospital bed). I spent the night in tears and without any sleep. OB convinced me the next day to take Motrin which isn't really good for my baby Olive's heart. I slept like a rock for 4 hours and moved to my bed for another 3 and the pain had subsided. Ahh. Of course, this was temporary and has started to return. Waiting to hear back from OB on next steps. Am thankful I can work from home. It's gonna be a long 10 weeks or until she drops. It seems my uterus is pushing on my ribs/stomach/diaphragm causing the pain.
On a happier note, my sweet grandma had an amazing turnaround. She started eating more and drinking. I did see her last weekend and really didn't think she was going to make it to see Baby. I am more hopeful this week. The hospice nurse told her she had been in bed for 2 weeks and she replied," I have? Well, put down the bars and I will get up" Thats my sassy gran. She was singing and feeding herself. Hope the postive turn continues to help her get stronger. Having this baby has been a dream come true for me....introducing her to my grandma will be icing.
Looking forward to lots of icing in the coming weeks!
Hope your Grandma keeps getting better and that that pain subsides for you - sounds very unpleasant.
ReplyDeleteI have some more icing coming to you from the southwest! :) Can't wait to see you and Baby Olive in a few weeks...and I hope that your pain starts to subside very soon!
ReplyDeleteLove you and Sassy Grandma C, and that Baby Olive of course too, to pieces! And don't forget your furbaby...love her too!
xoxo
T.