It's official....I have cankles! My feet have become swollen after work but this weekend they have not gone back down.
It was a long week at work but luckily I had a "snow day" in there. It never really snowed although I worked from home. Oh if everyday could be like that. It's getting harder and harder to motivate myself to work.
I had my 30 week u/s and despite her hiding her face the whole time everything looked fine. She is measuring 3lbs and 6ozs which is in the 48% percentile. Good job sweet girl. OB agreed that my rib pain was all muscular with some neuropathy. He said its not very common but does happen. Sticking to Tylenol as I don't want to expose her to ibuprofen. He agreed that was fine as was my upcoming prenatal massage. I was able to finally get a 2nd opinion about having a vaginal delivery. Dr. Thompson who I really liked didn't think she would descend. So much for birthing hips its all about the pelvis. I apparently have a small pelvis. She said if I had my heart set on it I could "try" to labor. Hmmmmm....No thanks!! Hours of laboring to still end up witty a csection!! I will meet w my OB in 2 weeks to discuss process and most likely schedule my baby's birthday.
It's my dads 70th birthday today and as I try to motivate to go to dinner (my least favorite meal) I have been thinking about how important my dad has been in my life. This of course is bittersweet as I realize that Baby Olive will not have that amazing daddy's girl relationship. I know she will be surrounded by amazing men: cousins, brother in law, grandfather, godfather and friends....it's just not the same. A part of me is sad for her already.
I have been nesting a lot and purging items in my closets in case I need to live here. No update on finding a new place to live. It's starting to cause some anxiety but not much I can do about it.
Good things have some March Madness to distract me!
I still feel sad sometimes that my son doesn't have a dad, either. But I try not to let him see it - I don't want him to be sad. So far he's not. Of course, he's not quite figured out what a dad is, but still. :)
ReplyDelete