Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Independence Day

Today was the regroup with Dr. S to learn his thoughts on my bloodwork, ultrasound, and hysteroscopy. He did have some concerns on my hormone levels...not awful just a bit high and typical of a 40 year old woman. What he did say was that he decided on a protocol for me. Not that it means anything to most but its Microdose Flare Protocol (how can it be bad with the word flare in it??) and I could talk to the nurse about specifics related to the protocol. This made me feel like I had a good chance of a positive outcome. At least, thats how I took it.
The day was filled with phone calls to the nurse, pharmacy and acupuncturist in between work meetings (in sweltering 85 degrees due to no A/C at work)

When I spoke to my nurse, Tonie, she sounded excited (maybe thats how she always sounds but it made me feel like she was glad I was moving forward) She said based on my cycle last month and when you should have a period, I have a tenative date for your retrieval on ....July 4th! Independence Day!! Of course, this is all tenative but the fact that its on the "birthday" of our nation had me all excited.

I was also reminded by a good friend that July 3, 2010 was my very first RE appt so it will be 2 years almost to the day of starting this journey. It doesn't really feel like two years but then again it seems like things have dragged on forever.  July 3rd is also a special day in my heart as its BP's birthday (I am sensing a theme here). So, I would be elated if retrieval happened one day sooner but will go with the flow.

I am excited to have a plan. I am a planner. I know I can't control this process and that the plan may be tweaked but I am not waiting to figure out next steps. I am moving forward. I got my calendar from Tonie and a list of all the meds that I will need and one of the pharmacies already called to start the process. I spoke with an acupuncturist in Denver who works with CCRM and we spoke about electro stim acupuncture, which was recommended to me by Dr. S. I am hoping to schedule a few sesssions while in CO.  I felt like I connected with her and that's really important to me.

I also was able to put in for my 2 weeks off at work and for those that know me well, I don't normally take off that much time off. I don't need to be in Denver a full 2 weeks but it might be just what I need. Plus, I am staying at my aunts in Boulder.

It was a very good day.

My heart goes out to one of my SMC friends who didn't have such a good day but I know she will be back on the road to chasing her own rainbow baby soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie, I'm so glad you got your protocol. Denver should be beautiful (and hot) that time of year. Make sure to pack lots of body butter or something like that, because my skin's still suffering from all the dryness, a couple weeks later. And my favorite restaurant in Boulder is "The Kitchen." Slow food and amazing. I also loved the Pizza at the pizzeria right on the main drag, forget it's name but it's got a wood oven and looks like you're in Italy, maybe Pizzeria Locale. I'm hoping for lots of juice in your follicles, and sending you good vibes. May Denver bring us all our rainbow babies...

    ReplyDelete